Labels

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Progress in the Kitchen

Dear Nony,

I made lots of progress in the kitchen today! DH had cleaned out almost an entire shelf of the pantry last week, and I had about a shelf-worth of bottles and other baby feeding equipment taking up precious counter real estate. So, I asked DH if I could take over the empty shelf. He said YES! (We share kitchen duties, and he does most of the cooking. Any kitchen decisions are made by both of us.)

Before



The empty shelf, the shelf I wanted to out the feeding equipment on (because it's lower and easier for me to reach), and the bottles, lids, tubes, and so on that are needed, but not necessarily needed on the counter.

After



The top two shelves in the pantry (the lower of the two is the one that was empty before), the breakfast shelf that was untouched, and the shelf that now nicely holds all those bottles and other feeding supplies.

Oh, and the newly-cleared-off counter!


I also worked on bringing my 2016 wall calendar up to speed, cancelled our old Internet service, and rescheduled my almost-6-month-old's well exam visit to a day when DH isn't travelling. There was also a very difficult phone call to our vet, but I don't want to dwell on that here. All in all, it was a very productive day today!

Non-Negotiables


I didn't quite get the sink cleared out this evening, but I think everything that can be put in the dishwasher has been put in the dishwasher, and I swept the kitchen. I have excuses for why I didn't sweep the foyer, and they're good ones, but I did not, in point of fact, sweep the foyer. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

You know, I really should do a "who I am" post, so that some of my references to family members and rooms in the house make sense. I'll see what I can do this week towards that :)

Author's Note


I wrote this post very late at night on September 14th, and posted it the morning of September 15th. So, references to "today" are actually references to Monday, the 14th.

To anyone else reading, have you met Nony yet? You should definitely check her out at A Slob Comes Clean. Roam around, click a few links, and then go here if you want to read through her blog the way she recommends.

No comments:

Post a Comment