Labels

Monday, September 21, 2015

What Change Has Made the Biggest Impact

Dear Nony,

I've been reading through your blog, and every now and again a post just forces me to stop and think for a bit. Your post "What change has made the biggest impact" is one such post. So, I figured I'd stop for a couple of days to really think about this. Do I have an answer?

Well, sort of but sort of not. And I have a really good excuse for why not! By the time you wrote that post, you'd been blogging about your journey for almost 2 months. I've been at it for, oh, about two weeks, give or take a day or three.

But you know what I have now that I didn't have two weeks ago?
  • A clean (and this time it's going to stay that way) kitchen counter
  • A desire and determination to clean the dishes every day, even if "cleaning" is defined as "rinsing and placing in the dishwasher", based on the circumstances
  • A much cleaner kitchen, foyer, and breakfast nook floor
  • A cleared off coffee table and better-organized baby clothes (I'm planning a pretty massive blog post for this one!)
But the biggest thing I've gained?


You named your book right, you know. I now have HOPE that I can get this house under control, and maybe even by Christmas, when there's a better-than-decent chance we'll be hosting a lot of family for presents and dinner. I now have HOPE that I can finally have the energy, time, and cleared off spaces to do arts and crafts with my boys. I now have HOPE that in a few years, I'll be able to create a homework station to be proud of, whether it's just something that's used in the evenings or if we decide to homeschool. I now have HOPE...that the way I've lived in the past is just that: in the past! And it hasn't even been 28 days. I can't wait to see what else I've gained over the next two weeks!

To anyone else reading, have you met Nony yet? You should definitely check her out at A Slob Comes Clean. Roam around, click a few links, and then go here if you want to read through her blog the way she recommends.

No comments:

Post a Comment