Labels

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Supernatural Thoughts Season 1

Herein lie my thoughts from the episodes of Season 1.

Episode 1: Pilot


Iconic opening still.  I feel like I've seen it a place or two...


Yes, that is my TV


Opening scene: Geez, that's how the show opened? I'm really not sure I would have kept watching in 2005.  It's a good thing the show has been going on for long enough that I now know this is kind of/sort of expected, and that apparently it's still worth it.

(The episode progresses)  I like how the boys are already well trained in the supernatural, as opposed to Charmed where it opens with the girls not knowing anything.  Oooh, crossover fanfic idea?  Hmm.  But seriously, they discuss whether or not it's a ghost, a spirit, etc. without having to look it up.

Sarah Shahi as the Woman in White.  She seems a crossover of Kate Reed from Fairly Legal (a little uncertain) and Sameen Shaw from Person of Interest (a little cold blooded).  Nice :).  And again, Sam knew all about women in white without having to look it up and was able to describe the phenomenon to the widowed husband, and correctly diagnosed their relationship.

Times when an accident in the Impala should have killed one or both of them

There was a lot of slamming poor Sam around in that car.  Seriously, those boys need to add some headrests to this vehicle.

Dad's Notebook

Wait, you mean to tell me that John has been "hunting" for 20+ years, and everything he knows has been compiled into one dinky little journal?  I mean, that's not even big enough to be a cliff-notes version of everything he should have learned if he was really that good.  Again, looking at Charmed, at least the girls inherited a book that was nearly a foot thick!

Episode 2: Windigo

Again, Sam figured it out first.  Obviously the brains of the outfit.  Brainy is definitely the new sexy.  (A little bit of SuperLock here.)

Personal Note

The opening shots of this episode:

So, Mary died on my birthday, the year I turned 3 years old.  It looks like Dean is maybe 4?  Which means he's a year (give or take) older than I am.  How old is Sam at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment