Labels

Thursday, May 23, 2013

How About That?

So, you made your way to my bridge.  What'd you think of the that first post?  A bit pretentious?  Yeah, sorry about that.  I've got a lot on my mind dealing with the topic of getting started, and figured that an article about getting started would be a great start to a blog.
 
Oh, and you can expect more on the topic in the future :)
 
Like a Bridge...
In the meantime, I'd like to introduce myself.  My name is Bridget.  My eighth-grade teacher used to call on me in class by singing "Like a Bridget over troubled waters...".  That explains half of the blog title.  What about the other half?
 
Random Thoughts = Meandering Waters
My plans for this blog...well, I really don't have any plans.  Since this is my first blog (no, I don't have plans for more blogs...yet) I really didn't want to limit myself to any one topic.  Plus, as I mentioned in the first post, I don't think I have enough to say about any one topic to warrant a single-topic blog.  Thus, this blog will pretty much meander its way through my thought process of day-to-day life.  Okay, is anyone else tired of reading the word "blog"?  Cause I sure am.  Moving on...
 
What to Expect
I've got a lot going on, and a whole lot of nothing happening, so I really don't know what to expect.  There will be streams of consciousness, lists of things I find interesting, posts that are nothing but links to articles that I found interesting that day, so on and so forth.  At the very least, you'll probably read about:
  • Facebook
  • Pocket God on Facebook
  • Being a wife 
  • Being a mom
  • Shooting - as in First-Person Shooting games
  • Shooting - as in 9mm guns at the local range
  • Finances (spoiler alert: I'm a Dave Ramsey fan)
  • Music
  • Who knows?  I'm sure I'll find more.
Family
Oh, and I'm sure there will be information here about my family.  I have a wonderful husband, and the cutest son ever!  I'll try to keep personal details to a minimum (I don't need no stalkers to stalk me...plus, refer to the second "shooting" reference above - I am prepared for stalkers!) but watching a kid grow up is fun!  I'd love to share a touch of that with family and friends, and this is the likely place for that information :)

No comments:

Post a Comment