Labels

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Storing the NextFit LATCH Strap

So, you've read up on how to do the seat belt install, you may have even given it a shot.  Maybe you're already a pro at it, but there's one last thing that messes you up every.  Single.  Time.

How in the heck do you get those blasted LATCH connectors into their storage compartments without breaking anything?


Quick LATCH Lesson

Just to be sure we're talking about the same things here, LATCH stands for Lower Anchors And Tethers for CHildren, and includes both the lower anchors (the 2 anchors connected by a strap that runs through the seat's belt path) and the top tether.  You can find pictures of various types of LATCH connectors and other car seat parts at the CSFTL's Car Seat Dictionary.

To be clear, this blog post is focusing on the storage of the NextFit's lower anchor connectors.

Store Those Connectors

I know: there's folding, there's pushing, there's "why won't you go in there, you stupid little things?" happening every time you switch from a LATCH install to a seat belt install, am I right?  I think I've finally found the secret to quickly storing them each and every time.


Give it a few times to practice, and you'll be an expert in no time!

The views, instructions, and opinions in this blog are solely my own. I am not a CPST, I am not affiliated with CSFTL, nor am I a Chicco representative. No money was made from this article, and though I strive for accuracy in all things, any errors are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment